IT'S A FREEBIE-RIGHT?






Beware of websites offering freebies and 
samples. Especially if you have to pay for
shipping and handling. I fell for this trick
and ordered a new skin care sample. I got the 2 oz sample and wasn't impressed. The company started mailing me 2 oz  products every month for the skin, wrinkles  and eyes. I didn't authorize
any of this. I was puzzled  because the  shipping  label didn't have company name on it. I decided to review my checking account. There was two charges for $89! My bank suggested I cancel my debit card to prevent further charges. I refused to pay shipping and handling to return these products. A lesson learned for these $89,  2 oz bottles of junk. The Internet had several Seniors complaining of  lots of unauthorized charges for this skin care product.

I also stopped ordering samples because some companies wanted too much personal information. Your birth date and phone number can be used by hackers. My email started being cluttered with
SPAM (unsolicited emails). I began to get numerous telemarketing calls on my cell phone too.

There are some websites offering samples without " strings attached". I don't have time to find out who they are. I go the product websites to see if 

I can get SAMPLE directly from manufacturer. Some companies offer limited number of samples and  freebies on Facebook and Twitter. 

I also got good  advice from these websites:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com
FEATURE STORY: 31 Best Websites for Scoring Freebies

http://www.familycircle.com

FEATURE STORY:

How to Get Free Stuff and Avoid Scams

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Free-Stuff-Without-Scam-Offers

FEATURE STORY:

How to Get Free Stuff Without Scam Offers

http://www.womansday.com

FEATURE STORY:

3 Sites for…Free Samples!








FREE MAGAZINES IN MY MAILBOX!

I started receiving free popular magazines wrapped in plastic in my mailbox. I didn't authorize an subscription. I was suspicious

and returned them unopened to the company. 
I had to do this three time before they got the message:

DON'T TRY TO GET ME TO PAY FOR UNAUTHOZIED SUSCRIPTIONS!!








I LIKE BOGO!

I used to love "BOGO". I learned to be careful when I see these ads on TV and in store sales flyers. I hate the TV ads featuring trendy gadgets and encourage you to buy extra one to use for a gift. They say, "Just pay additional shipping and handling". The second one is not free if pay
any fee!  I made the mistake of ordering a trendy product by phone once. The ad on TV   said the food chopper was $10. I called the toll-free-number and the customer service lady was  

trained in soliciting additional order.  My total
charge was $40 because she added 2nd chopper for my mom, shipping/handling fees, and chopper upgrades! I no longer rush to order trendy gadgets.

My favorite stores have a "AS SEEN ON TV" section. I just wait for the trendy gadget to arrive so I won't have to listen to tricky sale pitches!
Be care of several items for same price

( e.g. 10 for 10)  in grocery stores and retail stores. I was excited the first time my fave grocery store offered this.
The sale was on frozen veggies and store allowed customer to mix and match veggies. My total

check out bill was $70! Trust me this only happened once! Each item maybe $1 but I
don't have to buy more than I need. I live
alone and there was no way for me to use up
all these veggies before they had freezer burn. 

Some stores play games when you see 2 for 1
price. You have to buy two to void paying
full price for the second item ( e.g. 2/$1.00
and pay 65 cents regular price if only buy one ). This rule is usually in small print. I tell the sales clerk to keep this product if I can't buy one item
for the sale price. 

Some stores only let you use reward cards
for percentage off on non sale items. Read
small print because only get sale price when
use reward/loyalty card. I have seen so many
people get cart full of sale items but didn't
have reward/loyalty card.  They became upset
when they heard total purchase price. The
clerk says, " You must have reward card to
get sales prices".

Check out this website that helps consumers 
wise up:


http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2010/08/05/10-for-10-2-for-5-how-to-know-when-you-do-or-dont-have-to-purchase-multiples


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!