SOLO NEW YEARS' CELEBRATION!











I thank God for letting me live to celebrate another Christmas. It's my fault if I get too busy with planning Christmas dinner and shopping.  Christmas Day has come and gone! Whew, finally I can slow down, stop
cooking elaborate meals, and curl up with my Kindle tablet.



Now, I must think about New Years! I am a retired widow and rarely drive at night. My days of celebrating at all night New Years parties has come to a halt. Most of my friends have slowed down too.  Every year I plan a wonderful "SOLO NEW YEARS CELEBRATION!" for myself! I have it at my home! I don't have the drinking and driving
dilemma to contend with! I refuse to  get depressed about being alone on New Years Eve!  I buy a bottle of champagne and fix myself an indulgent plate of delicious finger foods! (I save leftovers and have them for lunch the next day). I play my favorite 70's music on my BOSE sound system. I toast the New Year in with the  
TV countdown.
 

I take advantage of the sale on champagne. I am on a budget so 
I never pay over $10. I usually 
choose between semi dry champagne, 
Asti sparkling Italian, or Cold Duck. I 
must drink it from my fancy collection wine glasses! My finger foods range 
from hot wings to finger sandwiches.


Here are some ideas I am exploring 
for this years, SOLO NEW YEARS CELEBRATION:



PICS OF WINE GLASSES I BOUGHT 
@ THRIFT STORES :


















CHAMPAGNE  FLAVOR BOOST: 
ADD COCKTAIL BITTERS





https://www.kegworks.com






FoodLion.com


LYDIA'S BAKED HOT WINGS

3-5 lb bag frozen, uncooked, party wings
1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
salt & pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 375. Generously grease sheet pan. In large bowl, mix honey, Sriracha, and butter. Set aside. Remove frozen wings from bag and place in single layer on pan. Bake wings 45 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Add wings
to bowl & toss in the sauce mixture. Place on serving  platter and INDULGE! 

Tips:

Bags of frozen wings may already be salted; check this before adding salt. 

Line sheet pan with foil for easy clean
up!

Adjust the Sriracha, honey, and butter 
to your desired taste!

Options:  
Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Replace Sriracha with regular hot pepper sauce











4 wheat dinner rolls
1/4 lb shaved deli ham
1/4 lb shaved deli turkey
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup mayo
4 Deli White American cheese slices
Party food picks

Make sandwich spread by combining 
mayo and mustard in small bowl. Split dinner rolls and spread both sides with 
the spread. Assemble sandwiches: Add
cheese, turkey and ham to dinner rolls. Secure sandwiches with food pick. Place on serving platter.


Tips:

Replace wheat rolls with regular white dinner rolls.

Replace yellow mustard with Dijon mustard.

Replace white American cheese with mild cheddar, Monterey jack, or pepper jack cheeses.

Use regular toothpicks if food picks not available.





 FOODLION.COM



QUICK PARTY TRAY

4 slices deli ham
4 slices deli turkey
4 slices deli roast beef
8 oz bag Cubed Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
Tooth picks


Roll up deli meat and secure with toothpick. Add cubed cheese to 
small bowl. Set bowl of cheese in 
center of large plate. Arrange deli
meat on the plate. 









QUICK FRENCH ONION DIP

1 Envelope of lower sodium French 
onion soup mix
8 oz carton of light sour cream
Celery & carrot sticks

Empty soup mix in small bowl. Stir in sour cream. Mix well. Set bowl of dip in center of large plate. Arrange veggies on the plate.  





NO BAKE DESSERT IDEA!

BUY BAG OF FAVE FUN SIZE CHOCOLATE CANDY. EMPTY THEM IN BOWL. EAT IN MODERATION!! LOL! EXERCISE & DIET NEXT WEEK!

 



 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS