THIS IS THE SEASON!!






I have joined the society of people with 

allergies. I know when spring and


fall allergy season is about to arrive.


My symptoms began before the official 


spring and fall dates given by the T.V. 


weathermen.




I started experiencing itchy eyes and

nose, sneezing, sinus congestion 


last week. I have to be careful because


I get "pink eye" from too much 


exposure to pollen.

We had 2 weeks of unseasonal warmth

and the flowering trees in my town started


blooming. My Japanese magnolia tree is 


full of purplish pink blooms.

The Crepe Myrtle Trees along the

highways look pretty now. The weather

in the Carolinas is fickle. we may have 


bitter cold temps and frost next week.

I have an arsenal of herbs and meds

to combat my symptoms.


I use herbal pills for the sinus congestion. 

Herbal cough drops and saline nasal



drops open up my sinuses too. It's 

amazing to me that simple saline nose 


drops work so well. The netty pot and


hot steam method was unnecessary.

I used allergy eye drops, capsules,


and pills for the itchy eyes and


sneezing.My doctor told me to avoid 


over the counter (OTC) decongestion
medication because it was elevating my 

blood pressure. I bought naturopathic


chewable tablets from the Natural Foods
Store. They eased my sinus pressure 

within 30 minutes!



I found a website (https://www.huffingtonpost.com)
that had instructions for relieving 

sinus pressure and headaches 


with acupuncture. This method worked


pretty well for me.



I found out the hard way, that I must

cover my ears with a headband or 


earmuffs on cold windy days. A severe 


sinus headache had me in tears because


I didn't cover my head and ears during 


cold weather. 

I no longer hate the spring and fall 

seasons because I have enough 


remedies to make my allergy 

problems bearable.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!