CHILDREN AT HOME; NEW RULES!



https://tenor.com/



I am a widowed Senior Lady with

grown children. However, I do have compassion for parents at home all 

day with children. This Pandemic

has been a true wake up call for many parents. My husband and I  worked a full-time job when my children were young.  We had to adjust to  being 

at home with them all day on the weekends and during family vacations. We had to count to five many times 

to avoid losing our temper.  I can not imagine being at home with children 24 hours a day, 7 days 

a week for 4 months! I hope the parenting methods my

husband and I used will help 

some parents during this Pandemic!


Rules were set for my sons when 

they were home for school vacation.

They had to make up their beds,

and empty the trash before they

could play outside. Our sons had to

take turns washing lunchtime dishes.


My sons were like piranas when 

they were home for school vacation.

These guys would eat every time they

got bored or came in from playing,

Our grocery bill was enormous. My

husband said this was ridiculous

We felt like I needed a cow outback

because a gallon of milk only lasted 

2 days! A 5-pound bag of sugar lasted 

a week. Luncheon/deli meats on lasted

2 days. There were no snacks or beverages left for my husband 

and I to eat.


We had to learn to set limits on their food consumption when they were out of school for the summer. I had to limit their snacks in between meals. They stopped gorging on food when I refused to go  bask to the grocery store a second time. I grocery shopped for the family once a week. They finally learned to make their snacks last all week. They didn't like drinking water when the beverages ran out. They got bored

eating peanut butter sandwiches when their favorite deli meat ran out. 

I made them eat their snacks sitting

at the dinner table. They consumed

too much food if they ate while 

watching TV or playing video games. They only got water to drink 

when they came in from playing 

outside. I recycled the milk jugs 

and kept them filled with cold water. The water quenched their thirst 

better than juice or soda. 


We set their bedtime curfew an hour later. My sons got hungry again if they stayed up past midnight. They could only visit their friends on the weekend since I and my husband worked during the week. We had family night out,

anywhere they chose once a month. 


I'll admit that cell phones and social media were not issues when my

children were  growing up. However, frequent T.V. watching,  frequent 

video game playing, and  movie 

rentals were. Parents from 

every generation had things they

had to monitor for their children. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!