UPSCALE PULLED BARBECUE!





I rarely crave a certain type of food. However, Pulled Pork Barbecue,  Coleslaw, and hushpuppies,
have been on my mind all week. This Southern meal is a favorite for my family. I try not to 
eat it,  but once every six months. I am trying to eat healthier, so I limit my intake of fried foods
 and certain cuts of pork.

There was a restaurant  I loved that served delicious Turkey Barbecue. It was so good and it
tasted as good as Pork Barbecue!  They closed their doors three months go. Bummer!

I used to make Turkey Barbecue using turkey thighs. The neighborhood grocery store
that sold them,  moved to another town a few years ago. A lady I used to work with
sold Turkey Barbecue for her father. She took orders for  pints of the his barbecue
and delivered it for him. It was very good. I tried to get recipe from her. She would 
only tell me a few secrets.  Her father, slow cooked  whole turkeys, deboned them,
 and simmered them in his Secret Sauce.

I was grocery shopping Wednesday when I saw a pork roast and turkey loin marked
down to cheaper prices. I wondered if I could combine these two meats together
 and make great tasting "  Pulled Barbecue".  I recalled that some brands of hot 
dogs, sausage, and meatloaf  mix have pork and turkey mixed together.  This store 
also carries an old fashioned barbecue sauce that tastes like Carolina Vinegar 
Pulled Pork Barbecue Sauce. 

RECIPE:   UPSCALE PULLED BARBECUE:

READ ALL THE  TIPS BEFORE COOKING!!

2lb - 3 lb Swift Sirloin or Shoulder  Pork Roast (  boneless )




Butterball Turkey Breast Loin, 24 oz




3 cups water or more.
 1 teaspoon Smoked sea salt
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1\4 cup Allegro Marinade 
1\2 teaspoon Black pepper
1 small bunch scallion tops
1\2 cup Baby Ray Chipotle Sauce

Finishing Sauce

16 oz Bottle George's Original Barbecue Sauce



Note: The Pork Roast and the Turkey Loin had two pieces in each package.
I only removed  one section of meat from each package (Only need four servings).
DOUBLE LIST INGREDIENTS IF WHOLE PACKAGE OF BOTH MEATS  USED!!

Rinse meats well with cold water. Place them in large pot or Dutch oven.
Make sure WATER covers the meats. Add the rest of the ingredients, Except 
George's BBQ sauce. Bring contents in pot to a boil, then lower the temperature
 to medium  (185 - 190 degrees Fahrenheit- depends on your stove!). Cover pot
with a lid and let meats simmer until fork tender ( about 1- 1 1\2 hours).

Remove the meats from the pot after it gets fork tender. Use 
2 forks to pull the  pork and turkey apart.  Reserve 1 1\2'cups
of the cooking liquid from the  pot.  Place the pulled  meats 
cooking liquid, and 1 1\2 cups of George's BBQ sauce in the pot. 
Stir meats  and sauces until they are well combined..  Make sure
 the pulled meat is covered with sauce. Add more George's BBQ 
sauce, if necessary. Let the meat simmer 30 minutes, so flavors 
can meld together. Serve with Coleslaw or your favorite side dish.


TIPS:

**' REGULAR TABLE  SALT & REGULAR PAPRIKA OK. THE SMOKEY 
FLAVOR ENHANCES THE BBQ'S FLAVOR.

** ANY BRAND OF SMOKED FLAVORED  BBQ SAUCE OK.

** FINISHING SAUCE: USE ANY BRAND VINEGAR FLAVORED BBQ SAUCE.

**ANY BRAND TURKEY BREAST LOIN OK.

** ANY BRAND SMALL BONELESS PORK ROAST IS OK

** USE SOY SAUCE IF ALLEGRO MARINADE IS UNAVAILABLE.

**:PORK SHOULDER\ BUTT IS TRADITIONAL MEAT USED  FOR
 PULLED PORK BBQ., USE THIS CUT IF DESIRED.

**IF SOME OF THE INGREDIENTS LISTED NOT AVAILABLE, 
OMIT THEM & ADJUST RECIPE TO YOUR TASTE!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!