SENIOR LADY LIFESTYLE POINTS, PART 3


 

Some people may think life is simple and care-free,

if you are a retired Senior Citizen.  This is not true. 

I have a lot of things that must manage daily. I must 

do household chores, keep my yard clean, grocery 

shop, do gardening and manage my money.  


Today, I am still discussing finances. I am sharing

steps I take to make banking easier. 


BANKS FOR SENIORS:

*   OFFERS FREE/LOW FEE CHECKING ACCOUNTS

*   WAIVES SOME MONTHLY FFES

*   MAILS MONTHLY BANK STATEMENTS

( SOME SENIORS DON'T HAVE COMPUTER

OR INTERNET)

*   LOWER ACCOUNT BALANCE REQUIRED

*   LOWER INTEREST RATES/ FINANCE CHARGES

ON PERSONAL LOANS

*   DON'T CHARGE RE-ENTRY FEE WITH OVERDRAFT FEE

* OFFER OVERDRAFT PROTECTION ACCOUNT

*   CHECK OUT CREDIT UNION IF

YOUR BANK'S FEES ARE EXCESSIVE! 

(Some accept non-government/ non-military employees)

*   FREE ATMS/ DRIVE THRU ATMS

*   NO ANNUAL FEE/ 0% INTEREST RATE ON

 CREDIT CARDS

*   OFFER BILL PAY/REWARDS PROGRAM

NOTE: More discount service may be offered;

 just ask bank about all Senior Discount services)


 AVOID BANKING BAD HABITS:

DON'T MONITOR CHECKING ACCOUNT

Try to:

*   Check accounts daily for hacking.

*   Check for inconsistent bank drafts-

some companies change bank

draft date without notifying customers.

*   Check on outstanding checks-

deduct amount from account

 balance to avoid bounced checks.

*   Record check purchases in

check register & balance checkbook!

*   Deduct online purchases immediately

from account balance. Some companies

don't submit to bank until order has

shipped.

Note:

No longer using a credit/debit card 

when paying bills online or making 

online purchases. My checking account

 was hacked twice. I had to wait for a 

week for a new card. Some banks charge

 to ship you a new card. Hated using cash 

on all purchasing while waiting for new 

card.  Problems with banks drafts/ 

Bill Pay too!


I hope these ideas help some Seniors manage

their banking issues is a less stressful manner.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!