Monday, September 16, 2024

SENIOR LADY: TRY OUT TEA CONCENTRATE!











MY PINEAPPLE SAGE BUSH




Although, I love coffee, I do drink black tea in the summer.

Hot coffee was not an option in the afternoons. I could not sit 

on my porch drinking a hot beverage when the weather was

 over 90 degrees!


I had a friend who loved tea. I asked her advice on which

 tea was good for a beginner.  She took me to the mall 

to visit her favorite tea shop. I was impressed because

there was several types of loose tea in decanters. 

Black tea was my favorite after drinking samples of teas.

I bought a cute tea pot that had angels on it. A cute baggie 

of black tea was also purchased.

I still had a dilemma. I didn't want to ride to the mall for tea

 every day. That tea was too expensive for me too buy often.

I settled for organic black tea from a nearby market. Making 

several glasses of tea from single serving tea bags was tedious.

I didn't like tea in gallon jugs from the grocery store. The market

 near my house only had family size tea bags.  


I got the idea to make tea concentrate in a mason jar. I only like

unsweetened tea. A gallon jug took up too much space in my fridge.

I decided to brew 4 family size bags of black tea. I let the tea steep 

and come room temperature. I filled up a 24 ounce recycled pickle

 jar and placed it in the fridge. 





The next time I made concentrate, I recycled one of my Mom's

 empty instant tea jars.




The black tea concentrate usually last a couple weeks in my fridge. 

I add mint or pineapple sage leaves from my garden to the tea

concentrate occasionally. 


TIPS :


*   Other types of tea may work as a concentrate ( Green tea, Chai, Flavored teas)

*   Orange & Lemon peels & Cinnamon Stick can be added to taste

*   One serving: 12 oz glass:

1/4 c brewed tea, 8 oz purified water, ice cubes 












































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SENIOR LADY: TRY OUT TEA CONCENTRATE!

MY PINEAPPLE SAGE BUSH Although, I love coffee, I do drink black tea in the summer. Hot coffee was not an option in the afternoons. I could ...