SENIOR FLASHBACK, THE 50'S






 


I was born  in 1951 and and I can remember some things which happened after age three.  My parents
were amazed when I hold them what I remembered.  We lived with my grandparents until I turned age 5.
I remember my babysitter rocking me in out huge white rocking chair. Some wasps had built a nest in
our lovely chair.  My babysitter was rocking me while mom went grocery shopping. All that rocking made the wasps start to swarm.  There were a whole bunch around us. My baby sitter was so frightened that he
dropped me in the process of running away.  The babysitter was my cousin and he was in big trouble.
My mom arrived home early and she witnessed  the fiasco.   I only got one sting but he got five.  I was
crying and so was Gerald.  My mom had to patch both of us up.

I recalled that my granddad raised a few chickens.  My  brother was told to leave those chickens alone
He continued mess with them when granddad went inside the house.  A few moments later my brother
was running in circles around our house screaming.  Two chickens were pecking  his head!!  Poor thing 
had to learn the hard way. Granddad had to rescue him. The kids laughed at him because he had three bandages on his forehead.

Here are some interesting events that occurred during the 50's:

First Modern Credit Card
First Organ Transplant
President Truman Orders Construction of Hydrogen Bomb
Color TV
Car Seat Belts
Polio Vaccine Created
DNA Discovered
Report Says Cigarettes Cause Cancer
Disneyland Opens
James Dean Dies in Car Accident
McDonald's Corporation Founded
Rosa Parks Refuses to Give Up Her Seat on a Bus
T.V. Remote Control Invented
Velcro Introduced
Dr. Seuss Publishes The Cat in the Hat
Soviet Satellite Sputnik Launches Space Age
Laika Becomes the First Living Animal to Enter Orbit
Hula Hoops Become Popular
LEGO Toy Bricks Introduced
NASA Founded
Peace Symbol Created
Castro Becomes Dictator of Cuba
U.S. Quiz Shows Found to be Fixed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS