SENIOR LADY GARDENER, II


https://www.teleflora.com



The fall season is here.
I know I'll have to do something soon with this huge planter full of snake plants. Snake plants are tropical plants and can't tolerate winter frost.

I did keep some snake plants in my greenhouse one year.They were doing ok until the nighttime temp dropped to 20 degrees! They looked like green wet noodles! 

I had some snake plant cuttings in shallow containers under my 
white bench. Well, I was 
so wrong! The containers were hit 
by strong wind gusts. 
I found them flipped upside down, in the middle of my porch. This mess stained my beige print outdoor rug.  I scooped up the mess and placed it in a grocery bag. 




placed it behind my outdoor furniture.  
I planned to throw the
whole mess out later. This week I was sweeping my porch. 
I found the forgotten bag full of cuttings. I decided
to open up the bag. I was  expecting to see wet soggy cuttings. To my surprise,
the cuttings had survived.  They had plenty of tiny roots on them!  






I can't explain why the cuttings grew roots in 
a grocery bag. 

In the beginning, these cuttings may have gotten too much
direct sunlight. 

I sat on my porch yesterday
and placed all of these cuttings in recycled coffee mugs from
the thrift store.  I plan on giving these snake plants
as gifts, if they look healthy when the Christmas holiday arrives.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!