SENIOR LADY HOBBY QUEEN!




https://www.joann.com



Note: Please excuse the font problem!



I'll admit this year I have been less motivated to get out of my house.  
I'm not sick because I've been 
blessed. My aggravating aches 
and pains are gone. I say a prayer 
if they flare-up and keep on moving. 

My mom is 86 years old and she is 
still somewhat active. She can still drive to church, grocery store, and  appointments. I admire her spunk 
and I  can't let my 86 year old mother outdo me! 

My friends have called me to go on
trips or help them with their volunteer work.  I declined this time.  I decided that spending 4-6 hours on a tour bus
was no longer exciting. The volunteer jobs that my friends take part in are stressful. Most of these jobs are not 
in my community anyway. 

Making holiday gift baskets for people in Rest Homes is more my speed. 
I meet friends for lunch and visit local library once a month. I enjoy spending an hour browsing through magazines.  There is also an organic food store next to the library that I visit too. I try 
samples of their new gourmet coffee flavors. I  buy some this coffee if it tastes good. The Blueberry Essense 
and Peanut Butter Sensation 
were a little too exotic for my taste buds.

I keep a list of projects to do on my computer. I never get bored. I'm not just sitting around in my PJ's! I also have plenty of crafts to do.
I get ideas from YouTube or craft  websites. make wacky t-shirts for yourself or give some for birthday 
gifts. The t-shirts are just $3. Simple design ideas are online. I got a tub of buttons from my local dollar store. Buttons can be shaped into hearts, 
crosses, stars, and flowers. Heck, you can even use cookie cutters to stamp the t-shirts!









I keep a year-round container garden going.  I buy organic veggies that I can regrow at home. I have containers of  celery, scallions, chives, and romaine lettuce during the winter.









I regrow ginger and pineapple during the summer.  Both of these have nice foliage and look great on my porch.










You must have patience when rooting the ginger and pineapple. The ginger is placed directly in the soil. The soil must be kept moist and you see leaves in a few weeks. The pineapple plant must be rooted in water after the top has been removed from a pineapple.




VIDEO: REGROWING GROCERY STORE PRODUCE







VIDEO: REGROW PINEAPPLE








I love Betta fish and they are low maintenance. I have two males
and 2 females. An aquarium and 
pump are unnecessary! Your local dollar store has everything you need 
to set up a betta station. Pet stores
have the betta food and bettas on in several colors. I usually match my
glass marbles with the color of
my betta.  Avoid using tap water
for bettas. If you decide to add plant
cuttings like Pythos or Peace Lily,
keep roots trimmed. Excess roots
affect the oxygen level. 

Follow the link below for betta
station help:







So you see there is no excuse for 
Senior Ladies to be being bored.  Homebodes can have fun too.  
You can avoid loneliness if you 
keep busy doing fun things.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!