NEW HOBBY ON THE HORIZON!










Okay, I'll admit that I never liked to drive long distances. Since retirement, I find that I don't drive anywhere unless it's close to my home. I decline dinner dates 
if I have to drive more than ten miles in unfamiliar territory. Call me Lazy Senior Lady with no sense of direction. I can get
lost easily. Yes, I know GPS exists. I tried to use the GPS on my cell phone once. 
I had system failure probably because 
I forgot to fully charge  my phone. I keep saying I'm going to start using my GPS more. I need a lot of help going from
point A to point B!

I have become more of a homebody lately.
Therefore, I'm always looking for new
projects. Suddenly, I fascinated with air plants. I killed the first batch that I bought. I was advised to just mist them two or
three times per week.  I misted away but some of them still died.  I hated to throw the dead plants away,  so I painted them with green nail polish. I placed 
them in mini clay pots. Apparently, no 
one noticed my touch-up! I did order
a second batch online. They were a bargain! I got a box of ten air plants
in various shapes and sizes. The instructions advised to soak them in
water at least once a week. They
should be completely air-dried before repotting them. This method has really worked and they are healthy. I still mist them often too.

I felt creative and displayed them in cute
items from my local dollar store. I found
some cute mini acrylic glasses and tin
buckets in the wedding section. I have
added images of my displays below:


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!