HOLIDAY CRAFT TIME!

 



https://www.walmart.com/



I have been collecting lanterns for

several years.  My son gave me a beautiful one for Mother's Day

10 years ago. It was silver with

a stained glass pattern.  I displayed

it on a table on my porch. I loved to 

see the sun shine through the stained glass. This gift peaked my interest in lanterns. I soon discovered that there were many lantern designs. 

I bought most of my lanterns 

during after Christmas sales. 

I even found a lantern with

solar lights. It has  been glowing

at night for the past three years







I was delighted to discover that 

there are people  on YouTube 

making their own lanterns. 

Some of them used picture 

frames and painters sticks. 

I found a lot of  picture frames

during my trip to a dollar store. 

 There were no painter's sticks 

available. I decided to use 

wood rulers instead.






I spent a whole day watching

DIY lantern videos. I eventually

figured out how I wanted to design

my own lanterns.  I painted my wood

rulers white, added a poinsettia

swag and a mini glass angel to

my DIY Christmas lantern.



                                                                           

I decided to make a second lantern

as a Christmas gift for one of my friends.  I chose small elegant silver

picture frames.  I added a silver

poinsettia swag and a small

Christmas tree surrounded by

silver garland to this lantern.

The silver lantern looks great!!





I  am really motivated now and plan 

to make a purple lantern for my porch next! This will be part of my Christmas decor!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!