NO DULL KNIVES FOR ME!






I love to cook and bake. However, 

I do this less often now.  My sons 

have moved on and I am a widow. 

I have no one to cook for but myself

most of the time. 


My friends and I used to take turns treating each other to brunch once a month. We decided to stop doing this after COVI-19 hit our state. I am no longer meeting my friends to eat

out at restaurants.  We are getting 

take out or home delivery when we

don't want to cook. 


I am staying home more and  only run errands twice a week. I have more time to cook and bake my meals.  I have saved a lot of money by cooking at home.  So there is at least one positive result from the Virus. The second one

is that I have remained Virus free

by staying at home more.  


My family decided to not travel to my Mom's house for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners this year.  

I will be cooking Holiday dinners for

my two sons though.  I plan to cook plenty so they can take leftovers home.  


I noticed recently that my steak knife was dull when I was cutting  my steak. 

I checked the rest of my knives and 

they were dull too. Lucky for me, that my son has knife sharpening equipment. His hobby is making custom made knives.  I gave him all of my kitchen knives and asked him to sharpen them for me. I have a weak grip in my hands. Chefs on cooking

shows say that using a dull knife 

was dangerous. The knife could slip since I cannot grip the knife 

handle tight.  


He has finished sharpening my

knives. I am so happy!  I need to 

have sharp knives to do my Holiday cooking and baking. 

He sharpens knives for my friends 

and local butchers in the Research Triangle area. 

He has a nice ad on Facebook

here is the link:


https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UWUAAOSwB65frKtR/s-l64.jpg




















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!