NEW YEAR'S HAM FIXINGS!


clipground.com




I was concerned about this new COVID variant called Omicron. I already had a disturbing phone call last week. 
One of my friend's relatives and their family were in quarantine due to Omicron.   My sons and I rung in the 
together since we've been vaccinated. We didn't want to plan a gathering and expose ourselves to
the risk of expose to COVID viruses.  I prepared Teriyaki chicken drumsticks and mini pizzas
for our appetizers.  We knew it was time to do our traditional toasts! Fireworks from downtown were blasting.
nearby.  I did my social media "Happy New Year's" greetings too!

I got up New Years morning and prepared baked ham, collards, black eye-peas, and corn muffins.
The dessert was chocolate swirl cheesecake. Whew! I had to go sit down after all that cooking!

I saw left over ham in the fridge this morning. I couldn't eat another slice unless I did
a make-over on  this ham.  I had not eaten ham salad in years. This suggestion of make some
ham salad  was pleasing to my family. I served my ham salad on buttery crossiants.  The sandwich was 
was very good on the crossiant but very rich! I will eat my ham salad with  saltine crackers next time.
This is how I made the ham salad:





Directions:


Chop 3 large slices of  ham in food processor. I also chopped quarter half of medium onion and one celery stalk
in  processor. In large bowl, add ham and veggies. Stir in 1\4 cup mayo,  2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard,
5 strips chopped sweet red peppers, 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper to taste
 ( option: for zing,  1 tablespoon white sugar, and 1 tablespoon vinegar).







Note: Make it your own! Adjust the listed ingredients to your taste! Dill pickle relish,
Celery seed, and cooked diced eggs are options.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!