SENIOR LADY REMEMBERS WHEN...




I was so glad today was Friday! I rolled over in bed and cut the TV on. The news channel  I was listening to, had a strange tagline, Shortage of baby formula!.I sat up and  switched to another channel. It said the same thing-Shortage of baby formula!. I thought what would young mothers do!








walmart.com



ebay.com


I suddenly had visions of my Mother doing one of her daily chores She had to mix up baby formula.for my baby brother.
There was canned milk, bottled corn syrup, and a pot of boiled water on the table. She added the milk and corn syrup 
to the water.  Mom stirred the by aby formula several times until it was well mixed. Sometimes I helped her fill up 
the baby bottles.  The bottles of  milk were stacked in the fridge after they cooled off. 

I saw this recipe online:

DIY Baby Formula
13 oz canned Evaporated  Milk
19 oz Water 
2 tablespoons Corn Syrup



Wow!  This memory  seemed like ages ago. I was truly thankful that pre-mixed baby formula was available when
 I had my babies! My husband would fill up baby bottles with baby formula on his day off work. This by helped me
out so much because I worked full-time. 



One memory does lead to another! I also recalled that one of my duties was folding up cloth diapers. My Mom 
would give me a basket full of diapers which she removed  off the clothesline. The diapers smelled so good.
I also changed my baby diapers many times, so had to keep those diapers stacked up high!  I was also blessed
again when I had my babies.  Disposable diapers were sold in stores, so no more folding and washing coth diapers!!

I am retired now and enjoy it. I am so glad that I had grew up in an era when cell phones, microwaves, air fryers, 
and flat screen TV were not invented yet. I had to Rey on some of the old times skills when we had the Government
Shutdown 2 years ago. I couldn't rush to the grocery store because I was out of something. I made biscuits,  pie crusts,
and pound cakes from scratch. I still do it occasionally now. I never know when hard times may come back again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!