SENIOR LADY DOES HERBALS!


fulllhdpictures.com

Many years ago, I only thought of herbs  as a cooking enhancement. My Mom loved using sage in  her Thanksgiving 
side dishes.  I used rosemary and thyme on my potatoes and chicken after seeing them in recipes. I discovered its 
homeopathic uses several years later




I do  recall her making me injest  spoonfuls of that ghastly cod liver oil to keep me from getting colds
and the flu. She had to catch me and my siblings and hold us down. We hated the taste  of  this stuff.



 
gurneys.com


She also  told me to plant Catnip when my boys were babies. This was good for baby colick.  
She supplied the plants which I planted immediately. The side effect was, I found kittens
laying in my Catnip bush. Mother cats kept taking up residence, so I removed it. I had dogs
and wanted to avoid cat and dog fights.







I was in such misery when I was going through menopause. The Internet as just coming into existence and I must
say that one search engine Yahoo, helped me out tremendously. I used soy with Isoflavones pills to keep my symptoms
controlled. I tried Black Cohosh, but I had an allergic reaction to it. I learned a valuable lesson. Some herbs can have 
 side effect(s) just like prescription medicine(s) in some people. I discuss my herbals with my pharmacist to make
sure they will not interact with over the counter or prescription medicines. 


A friend of mine was selling herbals.  She invited me to a house party where the importance of herbals were discussed.
I was intrigued with the information about Melaleuca oil. It is also call Tea Tree oil and this is the common name.
A small bottle of this oil was expensive but I bought it anyway. I loved it and had to order it from her for about 2 years 
because it wasn't available locally. Pure Tea Tree oil is popular now and I can buy it at local drugstores. Dollar stores
 even have it available in tiny roll on bottles. Their version is a mild formula, so this great for people who dislike strong
 astringent smell. I give Tea Tree oil as gifts to my Diabetic friends with a note explaining it's uses. These friends tell
me this oil kept cuts on their feet from becoming severe. One friend had boils on her scalp and she applied the 
Tea Tree oil on them. They dried up completely in a few days and were no longer painful.
 


Here the the ways I use Tea tree oil

Tea Tree shampoo &  conditioner and hair gel
Pure Tea Tree oil:  
Dry scalp issues,  Mosquito and other bug bites, healing small cuts and abrasions, acne
Additive to my lotions and skin creams

Here is a link to a very good article online about Melaleuca Tea Tre Oil:




DISCLAIMER:  NNO MEDICAL ADVICE GIVEN. THE ABOVE CONTENT IS FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY. 
ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING ANY  HERBAL MEDICINE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!