SENIOR LADY: LOVES PIZZA MAKING!




pixabay.com


It's funny how I developed a taste for foods I didn't care for years go. I suddenly love pizza and
often eat it for breakfast. I know this  is  not the healthiest food for a Senior Lady to eat.
Therefore,  I do it in moderation!  I always add veggies  and herbs on my pizza.
I tell myself that the veggies boosts the nutritional value a little bit. I only eat  take out pizza from
a pizzeria if one of my sons come by.   A twelve  inch pizza is too much for one person. 
I could freeze left over pizza but it's not as good as fresh baked!!

I'm retired and live  on a budget. I usually have pizzeria pizza average, once
 every three months.   I have figured out ways to make tasty.pizza at home. 
I'll admit, I don't have the patience to make pizza dough from scratch.  
 I keep pasta sauce,  Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses,   pepperoni, Italian sausage
 ( pork and turkey), ground beef,  boneless chicken, onions, and bell peppers on hand.  
 These items are  my  " Go To" pizza fixins!   My son told me that the deli section at
  most grocery stores  have pizza dough.  He brings me pizza dough often and it freezes well.

Here are recipes for my quick, easy, and tasty pizzas:


Senior Lady's Supreme Pizza Pie

12 inch pizza dough ( from Grocery Store  Deli) ( thawed)
15-16 oz jar, Pasta sauce

Toppings

1\2 cup  cooked ground beef or ground sausage, drained well
1\2  cup sliced pepperoni
1\4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1\4 cup finely chopped onion
1\4 cup mushroom pieces ( drained, canned) ( optional)
1\4 cup sliced black olives ( drained, pitted, canned) ( optional)
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1\2 cup Shredded Mild Cheddar cheese

Herbs
1\2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or
1\4 teaspoon dried oregano
1\4 teaspoon  dried  basil

Preheat oven oven 375 degrees.   Grease pizza pan. I use clean hands
 to press out the pizza dough to fit my pizza pan. I put olive oil on my
fingertips to aid in spreading the dough. I used large spoon to
spread on the pasta sauce on the dough.  One cup of sauce may
cover entire crust ( Adjust to your taste).  Next,  I sprinkle on
 the toppings. Handfuls of shredded Mozzarella & Cheddar 
cheeses are placed  over my veggies and meat toppings. 
The herbs are sprinkled on last. 

I place pizza on lower rack of oven for 10 minutes to ensure 
golden brown pizza crust. After 10 minutes, pizza is 
placed on the top rack. Bake 15 minutes or until cheeses
are melted and slightly browned.



QUICK BAGEL PIZZA

6 count bag pre-sliced  plain Bagels
15-16 oz jar, Pasta Sauce
6-7 oz pack Sliced Pepperoni
8 oz bag Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Lightly grease sheet pan, Separate the  bagels and lay them on the pan.
Spoon pasta sauce on each slice of bagel. Place 3 to 4 slices of 
pepperoni on top of the sauce. Place wad of cheese on top of the pepperoni.
( Image shows pepperoni on top of cheese; I prefer cheese on top)

Bake 350 degrees 15 minutes or til cheese melted and slightly browned.

Note: Sliced  French & Italian deli  loaf  can  be substituted for bagels)

Topping Options:  ( Amounts used: To your family's taste!)
*  Veggie Bagel Pizza: Finely chopped onions, bell peppers, & mushrooms
*  Cheesey  Bagel  Pizza::  Shredded Italian blend , Mild Cheddar, & Mozzarella Cheeses
 *  BBQ Chicken Bagel  Pizza: Chopped Cooked Chicken, Cooked chopped bacon, Finely chopped onion 
( substitute Pasta sauce  with Barbecue sauce )
*  Three Meat Bagel Pizza: Chopped Pepperoni, Cooked drained Ground Beef, Cooked drained Ground Sausage
( Chopped Ham, Crumbled Bacon, or Cooked Ground Turkey other Meat Options)



bettycrocker.com


I also purchase packs of  6 ounce pizza crust mix from the grocery store. I just add very warm
tap water to the mix, knead mix,  a few times and the dough is made. This type of crust is 
okay when I am out of the deli crust.  This  crust doesn't have a strong yeast flavor. 




amazon.com



Grocery stores and some of the Dollar Stores have packages of pre- baked  pizza  crust.
This crust is also available in online.  This is the best quick and tasty pizza crust. I avoid 
over-cooking the crust and follow the cooking instructions.  This crust works well on the 
grill too. I place the pasta sauce, pre-cooked toppings, and cheese on the crust. I carefully
 place the prepared pizza on the hot grill  with the lid down. I make sure the pizza is on the 
side of the grill with the indirect heat. This keeps the  crust from over cooking before the
 cheese melts and before  the toppings are heated thoroughly. This is a real treat for kids
 at summer cook-outs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!