SENIOR LADY: JUMBO SWEET POTATO MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!




I  have changed my breakfast regimen recently. I decided to have meatless breakfast during
the week.  I keep bananas, zucchini, pineapple, pumpkin, and  carrots on hand. These 
items make delicious breads and muffins. The bistro where I used to get muffins only 
sold jumbo muffins. They always  tasted great and kept me feeling full until 
lunchtime.  After I retired, I always ate my breakfast at home. I even bought a jumbo
 muffin pan.  Therefore I don't miss the bistro muffins anymore.

My mom bought a bushel of sweet potatoes from a local farmer. She shared half
of them with me. I keep trying to come up with meals using sweet potatoes.
I wondered if people baked sweet potato breads and muffins. The only
sweet potato dishes I have made were candied yams, sweet potato pie,
and sweet potato souffle. I checked online and saw several sweet potato 
breads and muffins.  I put chocolate chips in my pumpkin beards and
muffins. I wondered how sweet potatoes would taste with chocolate
chips added. Sweet potatoes taste like pumpkin to me. I make
pumpkin sweet potato pies for Thanksgiving. I am a chocoholic and
 I am always trying to add chocolate to everything.  I experimented 
with adding mini chocolate chips to my sweet potatoes muffins.
 I also used my "go to" Vanilla Cake Mix instead of making my
muffins from scratch.



QUICK JUMBO SWEET POTATO MUFFINS

1 15 oz box Vanilla Cake Mix
1 1\2 Cups cooked Sweet Potatoes ( 2 small or  1 large)
2 Large Eggs
1\3 Cup Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1\2 teaspoon cinnamon
1\2 teaspoon ground ginger
1\4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate  Chips, Divided




NOTE:MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS NOT SHOWN BUT USED!!


I boiled my sweet potatoes until they were fork tender ( About 30 minutes). I peeled them
and let them cool.  Preheat oven to 350. Line a Jumbo muffin pan with 6 Jumbo Paper
Cup Cake Liners. 

Place peeled sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Mash them with Potato Masher or
Mixing Fork. Add egg, oil, vanilla and spices. Blend until smooth. Add dry cake
mix and mix well by hand with Mixing Fork. Stir in  1\2 cup of the chocolate
chips. Fill the 6 Jumbo Muffin Tin cups until all the is  batter used up. 
Sprinkle & distribute. the rest of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
Press the chocolate chips down into the muffins. This prevents 
chocolate chips from getting over cooked.  Bake muffins 15 minutes
or until center of muffins are firm to touch.






TIPS:

**  USE REGULAR SIZED MUFFIN TIN IF JUMBO TIN \ PAN NOT AVAILABLE. 
**  USE COOKING SPRAY TO GREASE TINS,  IF PAPER CUP LINERS NOT AVAILABLE.
**  JUMBO MUFFIN TIN\ PAN AND JUMBO PAPER CUP CAKE LINERS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE.
**   16 OZ CANNED YAMS CAN BE USED; BRUCE'S YAMS OK. JUST DRAIN LIQUID BEFORE USING.
**   ADJUST SPICES TO YOUR TASTE, IF DESIRED.
** WHITE OR VANILLA CAKE MIX DOESN'T HAVE ARTIFICIAL AFTER TASTE.
**  USE WHATEVER COOKING OIL YOU HAVE ON HAND EXCEPT EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.
**   REGULAR  SIZED CHOCOLATE CHIPS OK. MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS DON'T SINK TO THE BOTTOM.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!