SENIOR LADY: SUPER BOWL SNACKS TRY-OUTS!

 



I have never been a sports fanatic. I did enjoy basketball

 during my college days. My husband and one of my sons

 enjoy watching football and basketball games on T.V.

I must prepare myself for a lot of noise during the game.

on Super Bowl Sunday. They yell and jump around all night.

I do watch the half- time festivities with them. 


I treat the guys to finger foods and appetizers on Super Bowl

Sunday. It's my way of getting out of preparing Sunday's

full course meals. I try to add a few new appetizers each 

year. This year I'm trying Rotel Dip and Bacon Wrapped 

Hot Dogs.


BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS:




* I used half of recipe 

Need:

1 Pound bacon

1 Pound beef hot dogs

Brown sugar, to taste

Cayenne pepper ( optional)

Toothpicks


DIRECTIONS:

Cut hot dogs into thirds. Remove 8 or 9 strips of bacon

from package. Cut each strip of bacon into three pieces

(I used kitchen shears). Wrap each hot dog with a piece

of bacon.  Secure them with toothpicks. Repeat process until

all the hot dogs are wrapped.  Place them on a foil lined

sheet pan. Sprinkle brown sugar liberally over the tops 

of the hot dogs. Sprinkle cayenne pepper on the brown

 sugar. Bake: 400 degrees, 30 minutes or until bacon

is crispy.


SENIOR LADY ROTEL DIP:






NEED:

1 pound ground beef

1 small onion chopped

1 can fire roasted tomatoes

1 packet Chili mix

8 oz sour cream

Pickled sliced jalapeno peppers, to taste

3 slices pepper jack cheese, chopped

3 slices cheddar cheese, chopped

3 slices American cheese, chopped

1/4 teaspoon Sazon seasoning (optional)

1/4 teaspoon Chipotle peppers in Adobo, juice only (optional)


DIRECTIONS:

Add ground beef and onions in non-stick skillet. Cook until

beef is no longer pink and onions are soft. Drain off excess

 grease. Lower temperature to medium low. Sprinkle chili 

mix on beef mixture and mix well. Stir in tomatoes, and

 pickled jalapeno peppers. Make well in middle of beef

mixture. Add in all of the cheeses. Cover skillet and simmer

until cheeses are melted. Stir beef mixture and cheeses until

well blended. Stir in sour cream. I later added the Sazon

 seasoning and chipotle juice because I wanted a spicier flavor. 


 TIPS:

*  Option: use fresh jalapeno(s), chopped to taste

* Some cooks use Truvia Or Swerve brown sugar

*  Option: Rotel diced tomatoes, original or fire roasted  

*   Option: Sub soft cream cheese, 8oz for sour cream



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!