SENIOR LADY MENTAL NOTES!



www.everydayhealth.com



I'll admit that I had to stop being in denial.  My memory was not what it used to be.  Since I retired, I was no longer stressing out over bank accounts and meeting loss mitigation loans deadlines. I was glad I was out of this stressful environment. 
The problem now is, staying mentally stimulated to ward off severe short-term 
memory loss.  

Some age-related memory loss is normal. 
I found this out when my friends and I had a discussion about silly mistakes
we have made since we retired. 

Now I know why my mother balks
at people moving her things around. 
I understand why looking at old TV
shows is no longer boring. Seeking
the familiar is comforting.

I had to establish a routine and make
rules for myself to avoid making tragic mistakes. I want to be independent
and live alone for several years. I want
my grown children to continue to respect me and let me handle my own business!!

Here are some of the methods I use to maintain my sanity and keep good financial records:


Place my monthly bill pay dates on my
cell phone and desktop computer calendars. I get an alert when bills are due. Most computers have a calendar. 
The calendar below can be downloaded 
if necessary.






https://incompetech.com



Make a BILL PAYMENTS RECEPT log
on computer Notepad or Wordpad. 
Each time I make an online payment 
I note it on this log.  I add name of company, date,  and confirmation number. This prevents me from 
forgetting to make payments & show 
who I have already paid.  This comes in handy if I need to dispute payment problem with a company. The log shown below can be downloaded if desired.







http://popisgrzegorz.com



Order bank checks with duplicate copy. 
It was too easy to forget to write outstanding checks down on the 
separate check register. I keep checkbook in secure location since bank account details on duplicate/ carbonless checks.
These type of checks are helpful when time to files taxes too. 
My bank doesn't keep bank statements online for 12 months. 



The Basics of Duplicate Checks



https://www.thebalance.com



Write down dates that you loan money
to your children, relatives, & friends on 
a calendar. I buy the school teacher style calendar from Dollar Store. Note loan amount and date paid loan in full. The calendar below can be downloaded if desired.





https://www.calendarlabs.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!