SENIOR LADY WISDOM & THE PANDEMIC!, #2





https://www.kdrv.com/



NOTE: PLEASE OVERLOOK THE FONT ISSUES 

ON THIS BLOG!

I wonder if I am the only Senior that feels belittled by the ad labeling Seniors as the  "HIGH RISK" category. While
it is true that COVID-19  may be deadly to a  Senior, we are not the only ones.

I feel that this ad may be giving other age groups a false sense of security. Some young people may be thinking, 
they don't have to be careful. Wearing 
a mask and social distancing is just for old people! Unprotected young
people ( I am talking about people under age 65) who are coughing, holding hands, and hanging out at cook-outs with their friends. 
Some symptom-free "Baby Boomers" and "Millenials" may be sharing more than love with their family members.

I would feel better if the ad said, 
" High-Risk Seniors, Baby Boomers, and Millenials all need to practice handwashing, wearing masks, and social distancing!


Let me say something else, while I am on my "soapbox." I do not believe that Blacks in every state in the U. S. are more affected by the Virus than any other ethnic group!
The University's Study data may be correct some days of the week.  As 
a matter of fact, last week, more 
Whites in my state ( over 50%) were more affected than Blacks ( over 20%) with COVID-19!  The sad thing is,  the national news on TV was touting their stats like they were the GOSPEL
 TRUTH! Think about it! There are so many untested asymptomatic Virus carriers walking around in America! Remember, the experts admitted that
the first Virus tests were not 100% accurate. The new tests haven't even been available very long. I wonder if   data from the nursing homes was  included in the study. 


Anyway, our nations haven't learned
their lesson! Every time they singled
out an age group, gender, and now 
ethnic group, they got "egg on their 
faces!" Remember when no children 
or young people were supposedly
not getting the virus? How about the 
comments, people with the Virus had
to have a high fever, cough, and 
respiratory distress? This information 
has changed.








This "High Risk" person is still practicing
"STAY AT HOME." I go out just to
get essentials. I'll continue to wear my
mask and gloves. The COVID-19 numbers 
are still rising.  I am being subjected to
non-conforming people when I visit 
the grocery store and pharmacy.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!