HOLIDAY LEFTOVERS SOLUTIONS! PART 1








My family ate good food on Thanksgiving Day. They had full stomachs and went home happy.
Everyone took take out plates of food home too.  Figuring out what to do with the rest of the 
leftover food was clearly considered my problem. I decided to prepare the same meals
 I usually prepare from Thanksgiving leftovers. I have no time for  stress. I'm not going 
to try to come up with  new recipes.

Here are some of the dishes I prepared from leftovers:



HAM








walmart.com



I  used some of the  leftover game for breakfast. I sliced the large pieces of ham in half.
I added 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. I browned the ham on both sides. I placed
the cooked ham on a plate and served it with hot grits.









The rest of the ham was used for ham salad. I served it with  buttery crackers.









HAM SALAD:

2 cups cooked ham chopped
1\2 small onion, chopped
1\2 half celery stalk, chopped
1\4 cup pickle relish
1\2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon white sugar
Salt & pepper to taste


Add  all of the listed ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.  Chill in fridge if not
serving the ham salad immediately. Serve with your  favorite crackers.

Tips:


*  Can chop ham in food processor.

*  Adjust ham salad to your family's taste, if desired.

* Can use  1\2 teaspoon dried celery flakes or 1\4 teaspoon celery seed,
if celery stalk not available.

*  Can garnish with paprika

*  Can serve on bed of lettuce

*  Can substitute with ham salad  sandwiches 

*  Can add cooked, chopped hard boiled eggs

*  Can add dash cayenne pepper for spicy flavor 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!