SENIOR LADY SINGLE MINDED HERB BASKET!












walmart.com




My Mom was an excellent cook and baker.  She was a stay at home Mom,  so I didn't have to
bother with cooking as a teenager.  I had to do something  unplanned she. I graduated from college.
My roommate and I didn't find jobs right awzy. When lived on a tight budget. I  had to remember
how to make  some of the easy meals my Mom cooked. I had to call and ask for help when I
wanted to try baking desserts.

Some tips she gave me was never use canned vegetables without adding onions to the pot.
The onions removed the  "can" taste from the veggies. Save your bacon drippings to 
season all types of  beans.  She said never save sausage dripping unless making
sausage and gravy. 

I had to make adjustments to some of her recipes because keeping a lot of fresh
produce and diary items weren't an option. They would rot or spoil before 
I could use them up.

I didn't need a food pantry but I didn't want to settle for tasteless food.
I went to dollar stores for spices and dried herbs. I bought expensive
band name spices and herbs when they were on sale.

I started out with a large basket I purchased from the thrift store. 
I filled  it up with my spices and herbs. I graduated to spice
racks after I got a good job. I could afford the brand name
herbs, spices, and seasoning mixes.


shopfy.com






Here is a list of the contents of my basket(s):

Onion powder, Dried chop onion, Garlic powder, 
Dried minced garlic, Dried parsley, Celery seed,
Dried chives, Paprika ( for garnish), Cinnamon

Condiments:

Mustard, Ketchup, Hot sauce, Siracha ( Asian hot sauce-
Addictive), Frank's Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce,  Mustard, 
Vinegar, Salt, Black Pepper






Amazon.com






Seasoning mixes ( an option if you don't want to load up on
herbs and spices; Favorite brands listed):

McCormick Chili mix,  Badia Italian seasoning, Badia Complete
Seasoning, Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, Goya All Purpose
Adobe Seasoning,  Mrs Dash Original Seasoning Blend ( Salt free)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt,  Spice Supreme Soul Food Seasoning,
Spice Supreme Greens Seasoning,   Pumpkin Spice



Tips:

Badia & Goya brands,  available on Hispanic Foods isle @ grocery stores

Spice Supreme Seasonings available @ Dollar or Discount stores

Experiment with unfamiliar spices and seasonings on my list
to spruce up your veggies & meats!

amazon.com



Seasoning packets in Dried  Ramen Noodle Soup packages
have good flavor. My favorites are: Maruchan Roast
Beef, Roast Chicken, Oriental, & Chili. My Mom's
favorite is Shrimp. Lots of people snack
on these noodles.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!