SENIOR LADY " NO FAIL" THANKSGIVING DESSERTS!



unsplash.com




I have seen movies where families have a kid' s table set up during Thanksgiving  and Christmas.
I have never had to do this. But I do have one dessert that kids love,  Pineapple Banana Pudding!
My children  loved  it any time of year. I came up with this twist on Banana Pudding because I don't 
love bananas. I tried crushed pineapple mixed with the bananas as an experiment.
The family really raved about it.  Therefore, I make Pineapple Banana Pudding several
times a year.  Most cooks serve Banana Pudding doing the summer,  since it is a cool 
no-one bake dessert. I  break the  rules and  tradition and include it with my
Thanksgiving or Christmas desserts.



clipground.com


PINEAPPLE BANANA PUDDING


2- 3.5 oz boxes vanilla pudding mix 
1- 15 oz can crushed pineapple, drained, (reserve juice)
2 large bananas
1 teaspoon lemon juice
11 oz Box vanilla wafers
16 oz extra creamy whipped topping, thawed


Slice the bananas and add to a  bowl. Toss them  with the  lemon juice. This keeps the 
 bananas from turning brown. Set aside.  Place dry  pudding mix in bowl.   Stir in  3 cups 
cold milk and 1 cup of pineapple juice.  Mix well with hand mixer. Set aside.  In 9 x 13
 glass dish, place one layer of vanilla wafers  Add a layer of bananas on top of the wafers. 
 Sprinkle crushed pineapple evenly. over the bananas.  Cover the pineapple with a layer 
of wafers. Repeat the process. Spread .the whipped topping over the last layer of wafers.  
Garnish top with crushed left over wafers.



The second dessert that my family insist that I bake is a Chocolate Cake.
They don't know that I'm baking a Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake.  I saw
a lady bake this cake on one of the Cooking Channels several years ago.
The baker  promised that the mayonnaise was undetectable in the cake.
I tried this cake since it didn't need  oil or butter.  I tired the chocolate
cake mix version,  since it was a time saver. The scratch made
version is also available online.  This cake mix cake was so moist 
and it tasted homemade. 








CHOCOLATE   MAYONNAISE CAKE


15 oz devil's food cake mix
2 large eggs
1 1\3  cups brewed coffee
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 tub Chocolate Fudge Frosting

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.

In large bowl add the listed ingredients. Mix well with a hand mixer. Pour batter into
baking dish.  Bake 45 minutes or until middle of cake  feels  firm. Let cake cool completely.
Frost  top of cake with fudge frosting.


Tips:

Use water if brewed coffee not available. The coffee enhances the chocolate flavor.

Cake be dusted with powdered sugar instead of using frosting.

Chopped nuts can be added on top of frosting.

Chocolate chips ( 1 cup ), can by  added to cake batter  for additional flavor.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!