SENIOR LADY: HOLIDAY MEALS UPDATED!






  I still prepare large Thanksgiving meals. My sons are unmarried and have no children.

They look forward to this feast because they don't do a lot of scratch cooking at home.

I include a breakfast casserole for Thanksgiving too. They take this home with them.  

 There is joy in getting up and their breakfast is already fixed.  All they have 

to do is heat the casserole up in the microwave. My sons' Thanksgiving meals

includes:  Green Bean Casserole, Candied Yams, Mac and Cheese, Collard 

Greens, Cornbread Dressing, Roast Turkey with Gravy, and BBQ Ribs. 

Pecan Pie is always the dessert.  I was able to teach one of my sons how

 to cook. He comes over to my house and helps me cook the Thanksgiving

 meals every year.  I prepare the side dishes and the desserts.  

He cooks all of the meats.  The ribs are cooked on the grill.


A surprise awaits my sons this year.  The breakfast casserole has veggies added.

I included diced green bell peppers and diced onions in the egg mixture. The meats 

in the casserole are crumbled cooked bacon and cooked pork sausage. I'm using a combo of Swiss and sharp cheddar cheeses.  These new additions should enhance the flavor

of this classic breakfast  casserole.







BREAKFAST CASSEROLE



BASIC BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE FROM FOOD.COM



This year I plan to update the green bean casserole. I wanted to use Italian style

green beans; however, my grocery store didn't have any.  I settled for the

traditional cut green beans. I updated the casserole by adding thinly sliced

onions and   diced mushrooms.  





GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE




BASIC GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE FROM: FRENCH'S CRISPY

 FRIED ONIONS [ORIGINAL FLAVOR]  CANISTER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!