SENIOR LADY: CHRISTMAS GIFT WRAP PAPER HACK!

 




It seems that using gift bags during the Christmas season,

 has been the latest trend now.  I still buy pretty gift wrapping 

paper, even though I don't use it often. I made ten personalized

tote shopping bags as gifts for my female friends this year.

Each bag has gem designs on the pockets. None of the gift 

bags I saw in the stores were an appropriate fit, for these

 extra large tote bags. I was trying to think of an economical 

way to wrap them.   I suddenly gazed my rolls of stacked

 Christmas gift wrapping paper. I felt inspired to use the 

basket full of gift wrapping paper scraps.  A true Crafter 

rarely throws away scrap paper. Ideas for how to use it

comes to mind, sooner or later. I decided to use the 

scrap Christmas wrapping paper for gift tags. 

 I had a package of blank metal rim tags, left

 over from another project. I could use the 

Christmas paper scraps to embellish these

 tags. These tags will have the same design 

as the Christmas paper I used to wrap the 

ten tote bags with. 


CHRISTMAS GIFT WRAP PAPER HACK:


SUPPLIES:

SCRAP CHRISTMAS GIFT WRAP PAPER

10 PLAIN NAME TAGS

TACKY GLUE

SCISSORS

PENCIL

SHEET OF WHITE PAPER

TRANSPARENT TAPE





DIRECTIONS:


Use paper and pencil to make a template. Draw

 the shape of the metal rim tag. Cut out the drawing. 

 You can choose to have the template drawing cover 

the entire face of the tag. Another option is cover

the inside metal rim of the tag. [See image below]




Use the template drawing to make 10 cut outs from

 the Christmas wrapping paper scraps, to cover

 the tags. Spread tacky glue on the front 

of the tag. Place a gift wrap cover on top 

of the glue. Make sure it lies flat and smooth.

Repeat the process until all the tags have

 covers on the front. [See above image]

Cut pieces of tape to attach the tags to the

 front of the gifts. I taped my gift tags so

that the Christmas designs were visible. 

I used the back of the gift tags to write 

 my friends' names. [see image below]





TIPS;


**   TEMPLATE CAN BE MADE FREE HAND WITHOUT THE 

PAPER AND PENCIL.


**   PLAIN METAL RIM TAGS ARE AVAILABLE AT

DOLLAR STORES, WALMART, AND OFFICE SUPPLY STORES.


**    GIFT TAGS CAN ALSO BE MADE BY CUTTING THE

 SCRAP. PAPER INTO CIRCLES OR RECTANGLES,  

ATTACH THIN 1/8 INCH RIBBON ON THE FRONT OF THE TAG 

SO IT CAN BE HUNG ON THE GIFT.  WRITE THE

 NAMES ON THE BACK OF THE TAG.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!