SENIOR LADY: CANDY CANE DANISH!




Every Christmas my family wants me to prepare a

 sausage breakfast casserole. I do not serve biscuits

with it since bread is inside of the casserole.


I wanted to surprise my family with an extra side

dish, I was watching cooking videos to get

some ideas. I saw am image of a Candy Cane

Danish, It looked like it would be hard to bake

such a pretty pastry. I was intrigued, so I

watched the video. Only three main ingredients

were required!  The preparations were simple,

but the danish looked elegant after it was baked,


READ RECIPE BEFORE BAKING!!


CANDY CANE DANISH


NEED:


1-2 packs (refrigerated} 8 oz Crescent dinner rolls

8 oz Cream Cheese, room temp

2 Tablespoons sugar [optional]

1 tsp vanilla [optional]

1 cup Strawberry Preserves





Note: 

The size sheet pan used determines

whether you use 1 or 2 packs of rolls.


Instructions:


Preheat oven to 350.

Line 9 x 13 sheet pan with parchment paper.

Only had 8x12 sheet pan and foil. I lined

my pan with foil and sprayed it with cooking

spray. Only used one pack of rolls. Separate

dough triangles. Cut each one in half.

Lay triangles in a row on the sheet pan.

Press flat ends of the triangles together.

Only 4 oz of cream cheese used since

used smaller pan. I wanted to flavor the 

cream cheese, so I added sugar & vanilla.

Spread cream cheese on the flat ends of the triangles.

Spoon layer of preserves on top

 of the cream cheese.




Pull the pointed ends of the triangles over

the cheese and preserves. Stuck all of the

 pointed ends under the dough.  Lift up

 one end of the danish and curve it to 

make a candy cane shape.



Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.


TIPS:

* My triangle dough was different sizes.

My triangles weren't uniform size

after I cut them in half.

* Red Pie filling and any Red flavor 

preserves/ jam can be used.

* Used 8 oz cream cheese & more

preserves since I made 2 Danishes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!