SENIOR LADY: CHRISTMAS SCARF HACKS!



I  am not ashamed to admit that I own around fifty silky  scarves.
There are about fifteen cotton bandanas among the collection too. 
I fell in love with scarf collecting when I was in college. A friend 
showed me a few fashion  tricks a frugul college lady should use. 
Scarves could enhance my outfits. I had them in multiple colors,
designs, and prints.  I used them as headbands, belts, and neckties.

I stopped buying scarves when I realized that Thrift stores have
gently used ones. I've even found several new  scarves with the
tags still on them.

I visit Dollar stores every week. They have very long scarves
with seasonal prints and designs on them. I have seen
Easter, July Fourth, and Christmas prints on the scarves
at the stores I visit. I buy two scarf designs for each season.
I wear headwraps when I want to take a break from
wearing wigs or natural hairstyles. These scarves
are long enough to make various head wrap styles.

Hear are the styles I'm wearing this Christmas season:

CHRISTMAS SCARF HACKS:

SCARVES:



HEADWRAP STYLES:


Black print Christmas scarf. Headwrap with rosette tied on top.
Red hoop earrings and red choker accessories.





Christmas scarf with poinsettia design. Headwear with twisted knot on the side.




Shades of Green Christmas scarf. Head wrap with fluffy bow on the side.
Enhanced by green hoop earrings and mixed green button choker.


TIPS:

**    I learned how to do simple headwraps from African friends. 
There are several online videos with detailed 
instructions on tying fancy headwraps.

**   I created the Christmas button choker after watching online
Vintage Button  Necklace tutorial. I bought 18 inch Figaro style
 choker chain (bronze color) with extender from the craft store. 
The Dollar Store had package of mixed size green & red buttons.
 I used medium sized silver jump rings to attach the buttons onto 
 the chain. Bronze jump rings were out of stock.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!