CHRISTMAS IN PURPLE!





I've have suddenly become obsessed with purple! It began innocently after 
I retired a few years ago!

I even wanted purple hair but was too chicken to try it!!  I am on the hunt for a mixed purple and grey wig! I haven't been too successful find purple clothes that I like.  My goal for the new year is finding fashionable purple clothes! 

I have to buy a new Christmas tree this year. 
I discovered that my dog Milo chewed off the plug connections for 
my old pre-lit tree. I thought he was just having fun playing with the branches!

I realized that getting a new Christmas tree 
wasn't a bad thing. This would be my chance to try a PURPLE CHRISTMAS TREE!  I have 
pitched all of my traditional red and green Christmas ornaments and plan 
to donate them. I went to my local stores looking for a purple Christmas tree but was unsuccessful! The
store clerks told me that colored Christmas trees were the trend three years ago! 



I had to settle for a traditional pre-lit green Christmas tree. I won't be outdone! I'll just decorate my Christmas tree with purple trimmings!  I was blessed to find a large purple
bow and purple Christmas tree skirt: 







https://www.amazon.com






https://www.packageperfectbows.com



I was couldn't believe I found purple metallic garland, snowmen, and
purple cupcake liners at my local
dollar store. I used purple nail polish
to paint the snowmen. I made butterflies with the cupcake liners:









I received coupons in my email 
from the A.C. Moore craft store.
I went there and they were having 
a sale on Christmas Tree decorations!!  I found a box of purple pine cone-
mini bulb picks marked down 2 for $2.00:





I rummaged through my leftover craft supplies. 
I had some purple card stock and silver pipe cleaners. I decided to used an angel template to cut out purple angels. I trimmed them with
silver beads, silver ribbon, purple gems, and mini purple flowers:









I checked out Walmarts Christmas section and found pretty purple butterflies. They only had two left! 
I also bought a bundle of purple Christmas tree bulbs:







The purple Christmas Tree at the 
top of my blog is my decorated tree. 
It looks pretty good!  

This year's DIY purple ornaments worked out since I couldn't find a
lot of store-bought ones. I plan to
start collecting purple ornaments 
in the future. My DIY ornaments 
will be discarded when I buy enough collectibles.


NOTE: PLEASE EXCUSE THE FONT ISSUES!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!