SENIORS CAN REGROW VEGGIES!






I was up late one night looking at
my Boards and Pins on Pinterest.
I noticed  several Pins and
Boards stating that you can 
"ReGrow Kitchen Scraps" 
I thought, " No Way". I had to
see if this was a scam, all hype, 
or a joke!


I started with the green onions.
I bought a bag of green onions 
with roots from the grocery store. 
I placed some of them in a jar 
in my kitchen window. The rest
of the onions were placed in a planter on my porch.





My onions grew two inches by 
the end of the week! I have had 
never-ending source of green 
onions since last year. 


I tried rooting pineapple tops and 
ginger root. The pineapple top
had to be rooted in water first. 
The ginger root can be cut in
pieces. I let the ends of the ginger
harden on the counter.  I  placed 
them in the soil in my planters with
the buds pointing up, I had to keep
the ginger root watered for a few months. Finally, green shoots
came up and the plant looked pretty.





PINEAPPLE TOP





GINGER ROOT

https://homesteading.com/



I regrew mini bell peppers from my
grocery store. I removed their seeds and placed them in organic soil
in a planter. Celery was so easy 
to regrow. I cut the bottom section
off three celery stalks. I placed
the bottoms in water until green
leaves and roots appeared.  I
have nice celery plants on my 
front porch and back yard.





CELERY PLANT


Now I have baby bok choy plants 
in water. I'll place them in a
planter when I get more roots!






BABY BOK CHOY



I had success with regrowing yellow onions if they had green sprouts on them. I also discovered green sprouts 
on some pearl onions at the grocery store. I bought several of them. 
I placed all of these sprouted onions
in planters in June.  Some of the planters  have protruding onions peeking out of the dirt.  I need to wait until the yellow skin forms on
these onions.








I have really enjoyed this regrowing grocery store produce project. I have reviewed several online videos on how to regrow grocery store vegetables. 
I have saved money. This was a good thing during this COVID-19 Pandemic!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!