ANYTIME SENIOR GARDENING!









Hey, Senior Lady or Guy, I want to
share some information with you. 
I found out that you can have a mini
garden whether you are old or young.
It doesn't even matter whether you are
physically active not.

I figured that now was a good time to learn gardening since I am "staying at home"due to the Pandemic! Walking outside my door  to get some lettuce for a salad  would be a wonderful thing!

Senior Citizens can set up a mini garden outside of the house or
apartment on the patio or balcony. 

! discovered from watching online videos that you can make all kinds of raised beds. I saw a child's swimming pool used as a raised bed. This was an ingenious idea but too large for

my limited space.  Most people used lumber for their raised beds. This was too expensive for my budget. These beds required more physical labor than this senior lady could handle. Finally, 
I saw a video where the woman used recycled patio chairs and 18 lb plastic totes for their garden. I quickly realized that this would make a great low
maintenance raised bed for Seniors!! 

I live in a house but I can't do 

heavy lifting. So, I might need 
a small bin or tote. I checked
in my back yard and found old
faded plastic patio chairs.
I went shopping for bins, plants
and potting soil. There are dollar
stores and big box stores near me. 
I felt blessed because I was able to
find all of the items for my mini 
garden for less than $30.  I decided
on dishpans since no totes were
in stock at the store.


I bought these items:


(2) Sterlite 12 quart red dishpans


1-20 lb quality potting soil 

1- 19 oz pot of  lettuce

(Required 6-8 hours of sun)







$7
( Available Rose's Discount Store)




$2.00

(Roses Discount Store)










(Lowe's Home Improvement)

$8.00










Lettuce/ 19 oz  Pot ($2/$5.00 SALE)



BEFORE YOU SET UP GARDEN;

Note whether plants require

part shade or full sun. 
Place chair and bin/dishpan
best location for correct sunlight
EXPOSURE!


GARDEN SETUP:



Place chair and bin/dishpan
in a permanent location! 
(These items heavy to move after 
filled with soil-BE CAREFUL!)

Make 3 holes in the bottom 

of bin/pan.  Fill the container 
with soil and add your plants. 
Water your plants.  Follow instructions on plant marker 
about sun, watering, and fertilizer requirements.


Tips:


*Check out videos on YouTube

and Pinterest for new gardeners.



* Make holes in bin or dishpan 
with hot glue gun.  The point of 
sharp kitchen knife works too.

* QUALITY SOIL: 

compost, organic mix, plant food, 
or moisture control mix included
in soil.


*Watering can is optional. 
Recycling 2-liter bottle soda
for watering plants works well.

*I use dollar store garden gloves

but bare hands work too.

*Gardening tools available at

Dollar stores. Recycled
large kitchen tools work fine.



* I save my leftover brewed 
coffee  & it for fertilizing
my house and garden plants.





DISCLAIMER: 
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURIES. 
SHARING MY GARDENING TECHNIQUES 
FOR INFORMATION ONLY!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!