ANYTIME SENIOR GARDENING! #2





LYDIA 'S SENIOR GARDEN & HER POOCH MILO




NOTE: 
PLEASE OVERLOOK THE SYSTEM FONT ISSUES!



I have been in an experimental mood this summer. Maybe staying home 
due the Pandemic is the cause.
I wanted to try challenging gardening methods. I have been viewing more videos on gardening. 

My new interest is storage bin gardening. This is not a new 
concept except this person placed 
the bin on a patio chair. Compost 
was added to the bins. I was initally turned off when I heard the word COMPOST! My son tried it once 
and it was a lot of work.  This new method of composting was
a lot easier. The compost was 
layered in the bin and no compost turning was involved. The garden plants were placed in small planters then placed on top of the soil in the bins.

I reviewed several videos and devised  the gardening method for me.

*2 large red dish pans
(with holes in bottom) 
sitting on 2 recycled patio chairs

*Compost for my dish pans:
Layered in following order:
Dead yard leaves
Shredded paper
Day old coffee grounds mixed 
with crushed eggshells
Potting soil

(4) 6 inch planters filled
with garden plants




Now I have graduated to a recycled
bench, patio chairs, and end tables. 
They all have compost filled storage bins and dishpans sitting on them. 





After three months the roots from
the planters have grown into the compost bin. I have plenty of earthworms that enriched the soil. 
I have harvested bell peppers, basil, mint, dill, and stevia from these small planters!



This gardening method is low maintenance and only small space
required!.  I received more herbs 
and veggies than I did last year.
I plan on having a fall garden too.



TOTE BIN GARDENING VIDEO:









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!