SENIOR LADY LOVES THE MOVIES!

 



https://heritageherald.com/




I grew up in a small town and

we had a one-man taxi service.

Shopping malls were non-existent.

My family didn't even own a car.  

I fought boredom by listening to 

the radio and watching movies. 

My dad agreed to put a small

black and white TV in the "girls

room" provided we  promised to

cut it off at bedtime.  Of course,

we would sneak and watch TV

when we were supposed to 

be sleeping!!


My favorite  actresses were Susan Hayward, Lee Remick, Kim Novak, 

Lana Turner, and  Lee Grant. 

Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, and Elizabeth Taylor were good actresses too. I'm showing my age because I watched these ladies in black and 

white movies. 


I didn't have time for a lot of movie watching when I was a wife and mother

with two sons.  I would go to the

movie theatres sometime. However,

it was only to take my sons to kiddie movies.


I started watching movies again after

the "Stay At Home " mandate was 

issued due to the COVID-19 virus. 

I never cared for Sit-Coms, Horror,  

or Comedy shows anyway. Now 

I watch Romance and Christmas movies and  British Detective shows. I choose movies and TV shows that are usually rated G, PG, and PG-13. 


TV shows and movies have come 

a long way due to the advancement

in the film industry due to technology.  Cable and Satellite TV increased our viewing options by offering more channels. Now people have  Streaming 

TV to add to their TV watching obsession. 


I had to become a smart TV watcher

after I retired. I am on a fixed income

so large Cable and Satellite bills are

not an option.  The Broadcast 

TV transition to digital TV has really 

helped me out.   I eventually bought

an inexpensive outdoor antenna.

I can watch all of the local TV stations.

I have downloaded free TV and

movie apps on my cell phone and notebook. I can also watch old TV 

shows and movies on YouTube.


I will be sharing a list of my 

favorite movies soon. These

are movies that I like enough

to watch more than once. 

They kept me entertained and 

featured  a great story.  I am

including British TV detective

shows that I frequently watch. 


Maybe some of you  Seniors 

ladies may  decide that watch 

them and join in the fun!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!