SENIOR LADY LIFESTYLE POINTS: PART 2


 

PROVERBS 4:7

WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING, THEREFORE, GET WISDOM, 

AND IN ALL YOUR GETTING, GET UNDERSTANDING.


I didn't fully understand the impact retirement 

would have on my life. Then add in being a widow

 and an empty nester too. It took me a year to 

balance my dwindling income and my new budget. 

 Now I understand the T.V. ads showing Seniors saying,

" I'm on a fixed income!


I was eligible for retirement before age 

60. I am enjoying my retirement, but 

handling the financial matters are 

challenging. I was living on Widow's 

Benefits before age 65. I was a expert

 penny pincher! I was advised that 

I would get a large increase in my

benefit check, if I waited until age

65 before switching to Social Security

benefits based on my earnings. 

It was tough, but I waited. I'm 

better off financially, but I still 

have a tight budget.  I include 

day trips and eating out with friends, 

in my budget.


Today, I want to share the tips I learned  

about Medicare from a trial and error

and a free government Senior healthcare

helpline.

MEDICARE BASICS:

*   Federal medical benefits for disabled 

& persons over 65.  

*   After 2022 age changed to 67, 

if born after 1960.

*   Your birthdate is important.

Determines when benefits

start & 7 month enrollment

period available.


MEDICARE BENEFITS:

A= Hospital/ Inpatient

B= Doctor's Visits/ Out-patient treatment, Wellness

C= Original Medicare & may offer

vision & dental. No drug coverage.

D= A&B, & Drugs/ Prescriptions.

Handled by agents @ private insurance 

companies that follow Medicare rules.

Called Advantage. 

Doctors in a Network. 

G/ K/Medigap = Medical Supplement 

plan offered by insurance companies

for expenses not covered by

 above-mentioned plans.

NOTE: BASIC MEDICARE INFO ONLY.

FREE DETAILS ON MEDICARE

GOVERNMENT WEBSITE.  

MOST STATES OFFER FREE 

SENIOR MEDICARE HELPLINE.

( DO ONLINE SEARCH)

ALERTS:

*  AVOID MEDICARE PHONE CALLS

& JUNK MAIL:  MAY WANT YOU TO 

SWITCH TO THEIR COMPANY.

*  IGNORE MOST TV ADS PROMISING

 LOTS OF EXTRA BENFITS.

ONLY AVAILABLE FOR PEOPLE

RECEIVING MEDICAID & MEDICARE

*  ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES

NOT AUTHORIZED IN EVERY STATE.

STATES HAVE ONLINE LIST.

*  ANNUAL OPEN ENROLLMENT: 10/15-12/7

CAN SWITCH INSURANCE COMPANY OR

RENEW. YOUR AGENT CAN COMPARE

INSURANCE PLANS & HELP YOU 

CHOOSE BEST PLAN. SAFER!!

*  FREQUENT MEDICARE TV

 ADS. SOME SENIORS TURNING

65-67 EVERYDAY!


I hope my information was helpful to

my Senior friends. There are so many

people trying to scam, cheat, or mislead

Seniors. I don't answer telemarketer

calls. I delete their text messages too.

I can't be deceived if I don't respond!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!