Wednesday, July 3, 2024

SENIOR LADY: JULY 4TH WREATH!

 






I suddenly panicked! I couldn't find last year's
 July 4th wreath. I remembered buying the
materials to make the wreath. Was I having a 
Senior Moment!! My mom called and said
thanks for making my July 4 wreath. Now,
I recalled that I was staying with her last
July 4th.  I made her a July 4th wreath 
to go on her front door. 

I didn't feel good about visiting Discount
Stores. It is already three days before the
the July 4th celebrations begin. Most of
the selections of July 4th decorations are
probably gone. I left home prepared to
visit more than one store in order to
find enough red, white, and blue
items to make a wreath. Most of the
July 4th displays were a "hot mess."
I was surely blessed. There were
limited red, white, and blue 
items on some displays. I'm
glad I checked the party and 
craft sections. I even found
 a patriotic bandana.


DIY JULY 4TH WREATH:

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

10-inch Styrofoam Wreath Form 
1 Patriotic Bandana (20 in. x 20 in.)
5-piece Package, Red, White, & Blue Berry Picks
14-inch Wire of Pipe Cleaner for Wreath Hanger




 


TOOLS NEEDED:

Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Scissors
Tape







DIRECTIONS

Cut bandana into 5 strips. Use 4 strips to
wrap the wreath form. Wrap each strip 
around wreath form.  Over-lap each
strip and try to make sure red checks 
and white stars are visible. Secure each
end of the bandana with glue. Make sure
 all glued ends are facing the back of 
the wreath.

Bundle red, white, & blue berry picks. 
Secure the middle of the bundle with tape.
Add the bundle to middle right side of the
wreath with a thick glob of glue. Press
the bundle firmly down until it feels tightly
glued. 

Make a bow with the 5th strip. Glue it to the
middle of the berry picks so tape isn't visible.

 Fold the wire or pipe cleaner in half to make 
a 7-inch wreath hanger. Glue hanger securely
 to the middle area of the back of the wreath.






Note:

I decided not to use the patriotic flowers
shown in the image.


I enjoyed creating this wreath. I only used the 
bandana because, all of the large spools of
red, white and blue ribbon were out of stock.
The bandanas are cheap and come in a 2-pack.
I may use colorful bandanas to wrap all of my
Styrofoam wreath forms.




No comments:

Post a Comment

SENIOR LADY: TRY OUT TEA CONCENTRATE!

MY PINEAPPLE SAGE BUSH Although, I love coffee, I do drink black tea in the summer. Hot coffee was not an option in the afternoons. I could ...