SENIOR LADY: WOMEN'S DAY CORSAGE PROJECT!

 













I am a member of a Baptist Church in North Carolina.

This Sunday, we will have our annual Women's Day

Weekend. The Women's Day Committee planned a

three day weekend of activities.  We had Game Night

on Friday night.  Some of the games included, Pastor

Name That Gospel Song and Bingo. Breakfast Brunch

was held on Saturday morning. Delicious catered

meals were served. Three dynamic women speakers 

were featured at the Brunch.  The final  event was

 Morning Worship on Sunday with a outstanding

Woman  speaker. She was an Evangelist and also a

 Christian Mental Health Counselor  an elaborate

Organic Salad Bar was served along with Chicken

Salad, Chicken tenders, and Shrimp Scampi.


There was a bulletin display in the foyer set up

showing the color of flower corsage each age group.

The colors were: Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Red,

Pink, and Orange. Our Women's age group ranged 

from Twenty through Ninety! The Women's Choir

 members wore  ribbon corsages with all of the

 colors featured on the bulletin.  


The color of my age was red. My Mom's color

was gold. Red flowers were easy to find for my

corsage. I  purchase varieties of faux flowers, 

stems, and bushes when they are on sale. I store

them in a large bucket. I had red mums and roses

on hand. I didn't have gold flowers, so I had to

go shopping for them. None of the stores I visited

had gold flowers. I did find gold leaf stems and

gold ribbon.  Here are the details for my Women's

Day Corsage Project:


NEED:


1-Gold Leaf Stem

1- Spool Glitter Gold Ribbon:

7/8 Inches, 3 Yards

White Baby's Breath Stem

1\2 Inch Tear Drop Gems










Tools:

Scissors

Wire Cutters

Glue Gun & Glue Sticks


Remove 4 leaves from the Gold Leaf Stem.

Cut the ends at the bottom of the leaves off.

Glue leaves into a 4-leaf clover style pattern.
















Cut 6- 7 inch strips of ribbon. 















Form each strip into petals:  Fold
them in half & pinch the bottom
ends together. Secure the 6 petal
tips with glue. Glue the petals
together so there is 3 petals on
left side and 3 petals right side.





























Remove 3 gold gems  & add them in the center of the

ribbon flower.   












































Glue the ribbon flower onto the gold leaves. Make sure

each leaf is visible.










Now your Ribbon Flower Corsage is complete. I used 

a Corsage Pin to add the corsage on my Mother's Jacket

 Lapel.



Here is an image of my Red Corsage for Women's

Day.  I used 2 Red Mums, White  Baby's Breath and 

Red Baby's Breathe:










My Mom and I got several compliments on our

corsages at the Women's Day event. We are going

to store them in  freezer storage bags, so they won't

 get damaged. We might need them for other events.



TIPS:


** I didn't have red ribbon so it wasn't attached

to my corsage. My Mom didn't want ribbons or

baby's breath added  to her corsage. She wanted 

to keep her corsage plain! However, ribbons, lace

& string of pearls would make nice additions.


** Gold Flowers were hard to find this

summer. I'll check the fall displays; 

maybe they'll be available then.


** I attached my red faux  Mums and Baby's Breath

onto faux green  leaves. I avoided using green floral

 tape on the stems.


** Use Colored Ribbon and Colored 

Leaves to make your corsages when

 the  desired flower color isn't available.


** Some Women used real flowers on their

corsages. Some of the flowers didn't open up,

so they were disappointed.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAINWATER MAKES IT GROW!

THE BEST KEPT SECRET!

EASTER. BLESSED PURPLE