SENIOR LADY: EMERGENCY CLOTHING HACK! #2




I liked wearing denim capris during the summer and 

fall months. However, this has been one prolonged

hot summer this year. I went shopping for cotton

capris. I was fortunate enough to find a store that

had just placed their summer capris on display.  

These cotton capris were available in several colors.

 Now, I needed to look for matching tops and hair

 accessories.


I decided to visit a local beauty supply store which

always has an extensive supply of scarves, bows,

 and barrettes for any hairstyle. I was able to find

hair wrap headbands in the colors  I wanted. The

headbands were too  snug. I researched online to

see how to repair headbands that were too tight.

One online suggestion was to stretch it on large

jar for 24 hours. Another site suggested adding

colorful fabric to the headband. I tried both

suggestions. I stretched the fancy wrap headband

on a large vase. I'll be adding fabric to the other

two headbands.


HAIR WRAP HEADBAND HACKS:


NEED:


Pastel Brand Hair Wrap Headband, Baby Blue

4 Inches Wide x  9 Inches Long

Cotton fabric, Peaceful Doves Design

1 yard

Tools:

Ruler, Needle, Matching Thread, Scissors, Straight Pins










DETAILS:


PEACEFUL DOVE HAIR WRAP HEADBAND:


Remove headband from package. Turn blue headband

 inside out to back side. Cut headband open at the

 middle seam. Open up fabric and cut piece, 5 inches

wide x 7-1\2 inches long( 5 inches long to include 1 inch

 seam allowance ) Fabric should be 4 Inches wide after

 making seam allowance. The fabric should be 7-1\2

 inches long so two doves are visible.  Use straight pins,

 attach fabric on each end of the headband ( make

 sure back side seams on the headband are visible when

 you pin  fabric).  I tried on the headband before sewing

 to make sure headband fit comfortably. Adjust straight

 pins if  necessary.  I hand sewed  the fabric onto  the

 headband, using the sewing machine stitch method.  

 I cut off  the excess fabric,after I made sure the doves

 pattern were visible on the front of the headband.











PURPLE HAIR WRAP HEADBAND:

Note: Didn't use Lace Ribbon


Pastel Brand Hair Wrap Headband, Purple:

4 Inches Wide x 9 Inches Long

Purple Cotton  fabric:

5 Inches Wide x 5 Inches Long


Remove headband from package.  Turn blue headband

 inside out to back side. Cut headband open at the

 middle seam. Open up fabric and cut piece, 5 inches

wide x 7-1\2 inches long( 5 inches long to include 1 inch

 seam allowance ) Fabric should be 4 Inches wide after

 making seam allowance. The fabric should be 7-1\2

 inches long so two doves are visible.  Use straight pins

 to attach fabric on each end of the headband ( make

 sure back side seams on the headband are visible when

 you pin  fabric).  I tried on the headband before sewing

 to make sure headband fit comfortably. Adjust straight

 pins if  necessary.  I hand sewed  the fabric on the head-

 band, using the sewing machine stitch method.   I cut

  off   the excess fabric,after I made sure the  doves were

 visible on the front of the headband.












PURPLE HAIR WRAP HEADBAND:

Note: Didn't use Lace Ribbon


Pastel Brand Hair Wrap Headband, Purple:

4 Inches Wide x 9 Inches Long

Purple Cotton  fabric:

5 Inches Wide x 5 Inches Long



Remove Purple headband from package.  Turn

 headband inside out with back seams visible. 

Cut headband open at the middle back seam. Use

 straight pins to attach purple cotton fabric to each

 end of the headband ( 1 inch seam allowance necessary

 on each end; so fabric size will be 4 inches wide x 

inches long). I tried on headband before sewing

to ensure comfortable fit. Adjust straight pins if

necessary. Hand sewed fabric to headband using

sewing machine stitch method






















I was pleased with my alterations to my blue and

purple headbands.  The blue headband required

more time to complete due to fabric design. I did

not use the lace ribbon on the purple headband.

It was hard to hand sew this lace on the purple

 headband. 

 

TIPS:


** Use sewing machine to make alterations quicker.

I  did hand sewing. I don't own a sewing machine.


**  Link showing basic hand sewing stitches:


https://thewildcherryfarm.com/five-most-important-basic-hand-sewing-stitches-for-beginners/


I used the backhand stitch( aka sewing machine stitch)


** Use any matching  fabric you desire.  I found the

 Peaceful Dove fabric on clearance display. I bought

it because the doves matched my headband. I cut

the purple fabric off of large scarf I had on hand.


**  I did press the seams on these headbands 

to ensure an elegant appearance. Seams not

pressed on headbands shown.


















































 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BEST KEPT SECRET!

EVERYTHING BE MY VALENTINE! PART 2

SENIOR LADY: STARTING CHRISTMAS DIY GIFTS!