SENIOR LADY: EMERGENCY CLOTHING HACK!

 







I have a routine I do before I get ready for church on

 Sunday. I arise at 7:30 am,  say my morning prayers,

 and prepare my coffee. I sit quietly and enjoy drinking

 cups of coffee until 8 am. Next I start trying to pick

out an outfit to wear. Of course, I change my mind

a couple of times before I make my final selection.

My Mom taught me to chose an outfit the night

before I go to church.  I tried this many times. But 

this method  doesn't work for me. I don't like the

outfit and change it again anyway.  This Sunday

was I chose a new dress I wanted wear.  I chose it

because it had my favorite brown animal print on it

 I put it on and discovered that the neckline was too 

low and revealing.  I tied to discreetly make the front

 neckline tighter using a safety pin. This was a tacky 

looking mess. I suddenly remembered a hack I had

 used on some of my tunic tops.  I don't own a sewing

 machine, so this hack was a quick solution. I would 

make a  gathered neckline on the dress. Here are the

details:


NEED:

Brown Thread

Hand Sewing Needle

Scissors


DIRECTIONS:

Try dress on and mark or pin are that needs to be

tightened up.  Make running stitches and pull thread

tight as you sew. Make a tight finishing stitch at the end.

 The front of the dress should have small gathered

 pleats in the front when you finish.



















Here is a link with more instructions on how to fix a





I put the dress back on and the neckline was at the

desired level that I wanted. I wore a black choker

 with the dress.  This addition really enhanced  my

outfit.



TIPS:

**Any color thread ok as long as color
compliment the top or dress.


**The hand sewn gathered look can be added
at the shoulders on loose neckline.
















** The gathered look can be added to the side
of big/loose fitting tops & tees.











































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BEST KEPT SECRET!

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!

RAINWATER MAKES IT GROW!