VALENTINE DESSERTS 4 SWEETHEART #3




https://www.amazon.com


NOTE: PLEASE OVERLOOK THE FONT PROBLEMS BELOW!



I just remembered that my quick truffles
a recipe would be a good gift idea for my
sweetheart.  I am in luck because my
favorite store has a sale on chocolate
this week.

I started making truffles after the candy companies started cutting back on the mini snack candy bars. Suddenly, the price increased, the bars got skinnier, and
the quantity changed.  

I was watching a cooking channel a few years ago. One of the chefs was making truffles. She just mixed condensed milk and chocolate chips, chilled the mixture, and rolled them into small balls. Eureka! 
I know I can do this!  This was the answer to my chocolate fix problem. I wouldn't
buy the mini snack bars unless they were on sale.

I started making truffles often. I got
better with practice. I have tried using cream cheese and powdered sugar
mixed with the chocolate. My family preferred the condensed milk version. There was some skill required when 
I  flavored and decorated them. 
I bought all kinds of extracts, nuts, and toppings.


Here is my EASY recipe:


LYDIA'S TRUFFLE DELIGHTS



1-24 OZ BAG, SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS

1-14 OZ CAN CONDENSED MILK

FAVORITE PURE EXTRACT TO TASTE

( SUGGESTS VANILLA, RUM, BRANDY, ORANGE  OR PEPPERMINT EXTRACTS)

TOPPINGS: COCOA POWDER, FINELY CHOPPED PECANS, WALNUTS, HAZELNUTS, OR ALMONDS


Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high. Stop and stir chocolate at 1-minute intervals until completely melted. Carefully remove
bowl and stir until smooth. Blend in condensed milk. 

Separate chocolate mixture into 
3 small bowls. Stir in different 
flavor extracts in each bowl. Cover
and chill the bowls in fridge for
2 hours or until firm.

Use a melon baller or an ice tea spoon to shape into 1-11/2 inch balls. Roll the balls in the toppings. 

Separate each flavor of truffles and place in storage containers. Keep the truffles in the fridge until ready to serve.


TIPS: 

**Avoid chilling chocolate mixture
too hard. The melon baller or spoon
can get damaged when scooping.


** Adjust the extracts so just a hint
of flavor. Too much pure extract can 
ruin the taste of the truffles.

** Serve truffles in mini foil or 
holiday baking cups on a pretty
serving platter.

**Rainbow & chocolate Sprinkles,
crushed candy bars & cookies make
great toppings.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!