VALENTINE DESSERTS FOR YOUR SWEETHEART!








Note:
Please overlook the font differences in my blog. I've been unsuccessful in fixing this problem!




I am a widow and really miss my husband, especially on 
Valentine's Day. His request was always a large t-bone steak, toss salad, and a chocolate dessert. After 6 years
of widowhood, I have learned to enjoy Valentine's Day. Sometimes I go out to eat with other widows on this special day.  If all of my lady friends happen to be busy,
have a backup plan! I have a steak dinner and dessert in honor of my husband!



Since I am a chocolate lover who loves 
to experiment with new chocolate concoctions! I was pondering what
Valentine dessert could I treat myself 
with this year.  I had cans of cherries 
but was not in the mood for cherry pie.
I had tasted chocolate cherry coffee 
and bagels. I wondered was there such
a thing as chocolate cherry pie? 


I looked online and sure enough, I saw 
a recipe for a chocolate cherry slab pie.  This pie looked tasty and it had a lattice top crust. This recipe required making the filling and pie crust from scratch. No way, was I doing that!
I already had 2 prepared pie crusts and 
2 cans of pie filling.  I just rolled out the bottom crust thinner so it would fit my
sheet pan.  I rolled out the top crust and
cut it into long 1 inch strips.  I just added
1/ 2 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 cup
mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the cherry pie filling.

Here is an image of my chocolate cherry

slab pie, the easy version:









This pie was extra tasty with a dollop
of whipped cream. This pie will be made again for Valentine's Day. 

I remember when my mom used to make
a family pie years ago. She sliced sweet potatoes, sprinkled them with sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. She finished the pie by adding a bottom crust in a sheet pan. A lattice crust was placed on the
top. So the new trend slab pie is an updated version of the old fashioned family pie. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!