MILO IS MY VALENTINE!





MILO WATCHING TRAFFIC GO BY!



NOTE:
PLEASE EXCUSE THE SYSTEM FONT PROBLEMS



My family has always owned medium-sized dogs. There was Mario, the male black Lab, Missy, the female Chow Chow, and Raja, the female Shepherd mix.  Missy, the female Chow Chow, and Raja, the female Shepherd mix.  My husband
and I were also the parents of two delightful boys. Our household couldn't contain dogs and two high-strung boys. 
We struggled to maintain our sanity. 
We fenced in our yard and put the dogs and the boys outside to play. Whew, 
this was a great solution when the boys were growing up. Our dogs had a large custom made dog house and a huge yard to wrestle with my boys.

Raja with her smart self, lived to be
21 years old.  Raja was still living
when my grown children left home.
The Good Lord and Raja bought me comfort when my husband passed
away.  I moved her into the house 
with me. She adjusted to being my
guard dog! I was very sad when Raja 
died due to cancer in 2016. I tried 

to find another German Shepherd
but none of the people or shelters
I contacted had any puppies available. 

I was blessed because I happen to be
in the right place at the right time.
A young man was selling a Jackshund
puppy in the parking lot where I was shopping. This puppy was the last of
the litter and was a 12-pound 
male.  He was too cute and instantly melted my heart.
I named this little guy Milo. Boy, did I 
get a reality check. Raja was so smart
that she hit me with her paw when she needed to potty. She also knocked on
the door when she wanted to come
inside.  I had to start all over
again with new puppy vet care, potty training, and obedience training. 
Milo adjusted to the potty training
pretty quick. He has the personality 
of a Jack Russell Terrier and has a Dachshund body.  I wasn't ready for 

the lapdog thing since I had 40-50 
pound dogs in the past. I have learned 
to enjoy this lap dog. The problem is, 
he thinks, Milo's way or the highway!
I couldn't believe that a little dog could
be so pushy! He destroys chew toys and only wants to play fetch 24 hours a day. 
He keeps throwing the ball at my
feet and growls at me when I won't play! He loves to sit on the deck, rain or shine!  He only loves my family- Visitors beware!

My son was visiting a friend recently. 
The neighbor next door owned three
dogs: 2 Jack Russel Terriers and a 
Jack Russell Terrier mix. My son
emailed  me this picture:






He said they were cute but growled until he went inside. 
This neighbor deserves
my admiration. One Jackshund is enough for me to handle!

I'll be alone this Valentine's Day. 
So, I guess Milo will be My Valentine. 
I hope I can find heart-shaped
dog treats!

















  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I AM AGING GRACEFULLY, WELLNESS

SMC COLLECTIBLES, ANGELS

THE JEAN SCENE 4 WOMEN!