SENIOR LADY: HEART 4 A CAUSE PROJECT!

 












When I was a busy working mother, I didn't know
 about health awareness support groups. Years
later my mother told me she was invited to
an Alzheimer's Luncheon. I learned more about
this support group online. Their theme color was
purple.


Now my church celebrates Cancer Awareness annually. We have a luncheon on Saturday. On Sunday, we have 
a speaker, the ladies wear pink,  and  the men wear the Cancer Awareness pins. We also make donation to
the Cancer Awareness group.


I was inspired to make some Awareness pins for me and my Mom to wear.  I already had plenty of  craft supplies
on hand. Here are details for my project:


AWARENESS HEART PIN PROJECT:


2 INCH STEMSHEART TEMPLATE
FOAM SHEETS, PINK, PURPLE, GREEN
ASSORTED COLOR GEM STICKERS
PURPLE, PINK, SILVER
SMALL SAFETY PINS


TOOLS:

SCISSORS 
GLUE GUN WITH GLUE STICKS






















INSTRUCTIONS:

USE TEMPLATE TO DRAW HEARTS ON BACK SIDE 
OF FOAM SHEETS.  DRAWING LINES WON'T BE 
VISIBLE ON THE FRONT. DRAW TWO OF EACH
 COLOR IF DESIRE THICKER PINS.  MY PACK OF 
FOAM  SHEETS HAD TWO SHADES OF PINK. 

SO, I CUT OUT BOTH COLORS.  CUT OUT THE HEARTS 
AND PLACE GEMS IN DESIRED STYLE. PLACE SMALL DOT OF GLUE UNDER EACH GEM. THIS KEEPS GEMS SECURE & AVOIDS THEM FROM FALLING OFF IN FUTURE.  APPLY GLITTER NAIL POLISH  TO HEARTS. 
I USED PINK GLITTER ON PINK HEARTS AND PURPLE GLITTER ON PURPLE HEART.

















I DISCOVERED THAT THE FOAM TEARS EASILY. SO,
ADDED GLOB OF GLUE ON BACK OF HEARTS. THEN,
I OPENED SAFETY PIN AND PUSH TOP SECTION INTO
THE GLUE. HELD PIN FIRMLY IN PLACE 20 SECONDS,
UNTIL GLUE.HARDENED.































I recently saw ads about Mental Health Awareness.
My former job as a Claims Examiner made me aware
of issues with Mental Illness. Their color theme was  light / lime  green. My pack of foam sheets included
shades of green. I made Mental Health Awareness
Pin also. I just repeated process I used on the other
pins.















I enjoyed  this project because it was one way of  supporting  several wonderful  Health Awareness Organizations.






TIPS:


** Added second glob of glue over safety pin. 
I pinched small section of fabric then pushed
open end of safety pin into it. It was easier to
closed pin and position heart pin properly.

** There may other Awareness groups, however,
I chose groups familiar to me.

** Glitter polish can be applied entire surface of
Heart pin, if gem stickers unavailable.






























,

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BEST KEPT SECRET!

EVERYTHING BE MY VALENTINE! PART 2

SENIOR LADY: STARTING CHRISTMAS DIY GIFTS!