SENIOR LADY: POLKA DOT JEWELRY PROJECT !















After I had retired, my bedtime rituals had changed.

Now I read my emails and visited online websites for

 unique craft ideas.  


I had recently purchased a large pack of colored  foam

 sheets. I bought them online and I  discovered that they

 had adhesive backing. I didn't  read product details.  So,

this feature was overlooked. I decided to keep  them and

assumed there would be online craft ideas available.

 However, there were only a  few adult crafts using foam

sheets with adhesive backing.  


I like large teardrop earrings.  Most of  my teardrop

earring were made from wood. I suddenly recalled

that I had a pair of animal print foam  earrings . But,

I had  lost of  one of these foam earrings.  It was 

obvious, that my adhesive foam sheets would be the

 perfect item for making earrings. I'll use my single

foam earring as a template.


Here are the details for my foam earrings project:

POLKA DOT EARRINGS PROJECT:


Need:

Assorted Color, Adhesive Foam Sheets, 32 count

Teardrop Earring Template( available online)




















Tools:

Scissors
Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
Single Hole Puncher
Craft Knife #2 Sharp Point
Jump Rings
French Hook Earring Wires


DIRECTIONS:

Open pack of foam sheets.  Select color sheets to use

for earrings. I'm using purple, magenta, & lavender

 for my demo.  Draw 2 teardrop images on the purple

 sheet and 2 earrings  cut them out. 
















Use single hole puncher to make dots from the magenta

& lavender sheets. Make 6-8 dots for each earring. 

Arrange dots in desired pattern on earrings.































Remove paper from back of dots. Use dot of  glue to

 adhere dots to earrings. Carefully make holes at top

 center of each earring using sharp point of the  knife.

This foam tears easily when using with too much

 pressure . Now add jump ring in hole on earrings.  

Attach French hook earring wires to jump rings.


Repeat the process when making  more earrings. 

I attached images of  the other earrings I made.

 























This was a fun project. Endless design possibilities

 exist. I might make diamond shaped earrings next

time with glitter embellishments.


TIPS:

**  I chose to leave adhesive backing on my earrings.
Backing can be removed & another teardrop earring
added to the back. This would yield thicker earrings,
however, it wouldn't feel heavy on the ears.

**  The polka dots already  had glue on the back.
I decided to add more glue to avoid polka dots
falling off in the future.

**  Several different  free earring templates available online. Use one of your favorite  earrings  as a template,
if online earring templates undesirable.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BEST KEPT SECRET!

EVERYTHING BE MY VALENTINE! PART 2

SENIOR LADY: STARTING CHRISTMAS DIY GIFTS!